SHORT INCA TRAIL
If you’re looking for a taste of the famous Inca Trail but don’t have the time or stamina for the full trek, the short Inca Trail hike may be just what you need. This two-day adventure offers stunning views of the Andes Mountains and the chance to explore ancient Inca ruins. Get ready to plan your short inca trail to machu picchu with PERU TOP EXPERIENCE.
WHAT TO EXPECT?
- Hike through the shortest hike to machu picchu.
- Enjoy Peruvian gastronomy like never before.
- Explore the beautiful Inca citadel.
- Enjoy the beautiful panorama that we will have on our train tour.
- Find out more about the living history of this citadel above the clouds.
SHORT INCA TRAIL EXPERIENCE
DAY 01: CUSCO – CHACHABAMBA (Km 104) – WIÑAYWAYNA – AGUAS CALIENTES
Our short inca trail tour begins very early from the city of Cusco, our transport takes us to the Ollantaytambo sector where we have free time to have breakfast at the station and then take a tourist train to reach our destination, which is km 104. After A brief explanation begins our experience, first we will visit a historical Inca control place called Chachabamba (2170 masl / 7119 feet), then we proceed with the ascent to the archaeological center of Wiñaywayna (2650 masl / 8692 feet) which is also our resting point. and where we will enjoy our scheduled box lunch, after a while we will proceed to complete the ascent to the Intipunku or Puerta del Sol (2745 masl / 9005 feet), from here we already have a panoramic view of the beautiful citadel of Machu Picchu (2430 masl / 7972 feet).
After a brief period of time for the photographs, our descent begins along a path to reach the control point, from this place we can board a tourist bus to reach Aguas Calientes (2040 masl / 6692 feet). Where we go to our selected and comfortable hotel where we can rest properly.
- Walking duration: 07 hrs / 12 km
- Accommodation: Hotel Room (Request the type of room)
- Difficulty: Average
- Maximum altitude: 2745 masl / 9005 feet
- Accommodation altitude: 2040 masl / 6692 feet
DAY 02: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
The next day in the morning we go to the bus station to return to the citadel, we pass a small control and finally enter Machu Picchu (2430 masl / 7972 feet) , then an ascent to the upper part to reach the key point of the trip from the beginning and this is the watchman’s house from where we can take the most important classic photo of the trip. After free time to enjoy the panorama, we continue our tour to visit other main places such as the main square, the sundial, the royal quarters, the Intihuatana, the temple of the 3 windows and the condor, among other important places. This visit as such lasts 2 hours on a regular basis, however we extend it in a better way so that you can enjoy the time and have a total of approximately 3 hours.
At the end we return to Aguas Calientes by the same path to enjoy a well-deserved lunch (own expense), then around 2:00 p.m. we must return to the train station and board it to reach Ollantaytambo again where the tourist bus awaits us. In order to finally return to the city of Cusco, we will arrive at Av. el Sol that leaves us quite close to the main square so that we can go to dinner calmly or enjoy the city at night.End of Short Inca Trail
- Walking duration: 03 hrs / 2 km
- Difficulty: Easy
- Maximum altitude: 2745 masl / 9005 feet
- Briefing / Informative talk prior to the trip
- Pick up from the hotel for the start of the experience
- Tourist transport: Cusco – Ollantaytambo (Bimodal service)
- Tourist train ticket: Ollantaytambo – Km 104 (*Expedition/Voyager)
- Professional licensed tour guide
- First aid kit and oxygen cylinder
- Food: 01 box lunch, 01 dinner (Day 01)
- Variety of diet according to your request (Vegetarian, food restriction)
- Entrance ticket to the Inca Trail
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- Consettur bus ticket: Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes (Day 01) / Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes (Day 02)
- 01 hotel night in Aguas Calientes (Includes breakfast service)
- Tourist train ticket: Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo (*Expedition/Voyager)
- Tourist transport: Ollantaytambo – Cusco (Bimodal service)
*The train service is according to the availability we have for the date of your Short Inca Trail, we can also offer you an Upgrade to a better category, for this you only have to consider the additional information.
- Air flight (National or International)
- Special entrance ticket to Huaynapicchu (additional cost USD $80.00 dollars)
- Pair of walking poles (You can include them for $15.00 dollars)
- Additional personal porter (You can load 7kg – $150.00 dollars)
- Accommodation service in Cusco
- When confirming the short inca trail you must choose the travel date carefully since there is no option to change due to the modality of the entrance ticket, nor is it transferable to a third person or refundable under any circumstances.
- The spaces of the Inca Trail are very limited, so it is extremely important to have an advance reservation of at least 4 to 6 months in advance, the preparation is meticulous and detailed.
- HUAYNA PICCHU MOUNTAIN: Spaces are just as special and limited ($80.00 dollars)
- PAIR OF CANES: They will help during the walk for the support points ($15.00 dollars)
- ADDITIONAL PORTER: You can carry the personal luggage that we designate ($150.00 dollars – 7kg)
- VISTADOME SERVICE: If we are looking for a more complete experience, this is the ideal option. The Vistadome service has a panoramic view on the section of the train journey that is a fact that we will enjoy 200%.
- Additional price:
- Only return: $40.00 dollars per participant.
- Round trip: $65.00 dollars per participant.
- LUNCH SERVICE: We can add this service as well and schedule it for after the guided tour in Machu Picchu. It has a price of $10.00 dollars per person (Tourist Menu).
Do I need to have previous experience or physical preparation?
Yes, to be able to carry out this experience it is important to have an adequate physical condition since the short inca trail itself is very demanding, being prepared helps you enjoy the experience in a comfortable way, the geography of the Inca trail is somewhat unusual since it’s a complete mix of everything between staggered climbs, trails, inclines and steep descents. The best way to prepare for the trip is to establish some routines that can be daily or weekly in terms of walks that help strengthen our resistance in the legs.
How should I prepare my luggage for this short hike to machu picchu?
The Inca Trail leads us directly to Machu Picchu by the traditional route used by the Incas, so the trail itself takes us into what we currently know as the jungle, for this reason the heat is something safe, light clothing is always the most recommended, to this we must add only 1 or 2 garments that are warm for the nights. Finally, personal items such as power banks, sunglasses, mosquito repellent, rain poncho and others are also important for the trip.
Can I do the shortest hike to machu picchu on my own?
No, because the Inca trail has a particular condition and that is that it can only be done in the company of a formal company that has a special permit issued by Sernanp (Entity that regulates the natural part). With these conditions, choosing PERU TOP EXPERIENCE is the best option because we are direct operators for this service.
Does this short inca trail to machu picchu give me the same as the traditional Inca Trail?
They are different options in terms of walking time, duration of experience, landscapes, demand and others, however they present us with a fairly similar geography. This version was designed with the sole purpose of taking advantage of time and reaching Machu Picchu by the traditional path, taking advantage of the opportunity to spend the night in camp.
What to Bring
- Tickets issued by the agency (entrance ticket, buses, trains and others).
- Identity document (ID or Passport).
- Day pack and personal equipment:
- Hat and sunglasses.
- Mosquito repellent.
- Light clothing during the day
- Warm clothes for the night.
- Water in canteen
- Cash for personal purchases.
- Photographic camera
- Rain poncho (Recommended for rainy season).