INCA TRAIL TREK 5 DAYS
$ 350.00 USD
The best known trek in Peru visited by thousands of tourists every year, this Inca Trail 5 Days Trek, is a 43 km walk that combines the visit of mysterious and religious Inca cities, amazing mountain landscapes and lush cloud forests rich in Andean flora and fauna, and culminates in the Sacred Inca City of Machu Picchu. The Inca Trail 5 Days Trek is an excellent alternative to avoid most of the crowds that are in the classic 4-day route and to reach more peaceful, distant and beautiful campsites.
Day 01: Cusco – KM 82 – Piscacucho – Wayllabamba
At 6:30 AM. our guide will pass by the hotel to pick us up and then take the bus that will take us to Km. 82 where we will be arriving at approximately 10:00 a.m. In this place we will have the pleasure of meeting the team of people who will accompany us during our trekking, such as: porters, cooks, etc. We will start the walk.
The first day of the Inca Trail 5 Days Trek is quite easy, in the first kilometers we will travel, we will have a beautiful view of the Verónica snowy and we will walk along the Vilcanota river until we reach the Archaeological group of Llactapata, where we can have lunch to regain strength and then continue our walk until we reach our first Wayllabamba camp.
Meals: (lunch – dinner)
Day 02: Wayllabamba – Llulluchapampa – Pacaymayo.
After a comforting breakfast, our second day of trekking will begin, this day may be the most difficult, since we will have to ascend to the opening of Warmihuañusca, which is at an altitude of 4,200 m.a.s.l. This place is the highest of the Inca Trail 5 Days Trek, we can enjoy a panoramic view of the snowy surrounding the open. After lunch the descent to the Pacaymayo valley begins, where we will make our second camp.
Day 03: Pacaymayo – Phuyupatamarca – Wiñaywayna
Early in the morning after our energetic breakfast we resume our walk to the Archaeological Center of Machu Picchu. Started the march, half an hour from our walk we will find the archaeological group of Runqurakay. From this point the path is paved where we can see that this part of the road is original Inca. In certain places the road reaches up to 2 meters wide and you can observe the technology of the Inca engineering. We will visit the archaeological group of Sayacmarca, a beautiful architectural complex; we will pass through a tunnel, dug in situ in the stone of the mountain, to reach the archaeological group of Phuyapatamarka, from this point the descent begins by an extremely attractive road, with an abundant vegetation of the jungle eyebrow, very rich in flora and fauna of the place. After two hours we will arrive at Wiñayhuayna, where we will install our third and last camp. Where We are given the option of being able to use the showers of the restaurant that exists in the place, good option to take a rich shower of hot or cold water.
Meals: (Breakfast – Lunch – Dinner)
Day 04: Wiñaywayna – Machu Picchu
After breakfast, we will continue the walk until we reach the Intipunku (Puerta del Sol) from where we will have a spectacular view of the lost city of the Incas: Machu Picchu, we will descend on foot, then we will have approximately a guided tour for 2 hours by different places like the three-window temple enclosures, the quarries and other more important places next to your guide, then you can explore the mysterious Inca citadel at your own pace.
We will take the bus that will take us to the town of Aguas Calientes to spend the night in a standard hotel. You will meet with your guide in Aguas Calientes, optional visit to the thermal springs of the town “payment for admission fee $ 4 dollars on admission”.
Overnight in Aguas Calientes or Machu Picchu Pueblo.
Meals: (Breakfast – lunch – dinner)
Day 05: Machu Picchu – Cusco
After breakfast at your hotel we will take the Return Train to Ollantaytambo. Service Bolt (connection of the train with a bus) on the Expedition train to the town of Ollantaytambo and then take our bus to the city of Cusco. We will be arriving at approximately noon.
End of the Inca Trail 5 Days Trek.
- Transfer from the airport to your hotel.
- Pick up at your hotel.
- Private transportation from Cusco to Piscacucho (start of the trek)
- 7 kgs of personal clothing, extra items, sleeping bag that porters must carry, just carry your backpack
- Igloo tents for 4 people (large and comfortable) for 2 people and inflatable mattresses.
- Professional guide who speaks English.
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary (optional vegetarian food with prior request)
- First aid kit including emergency oxygen tank.
- Goalkeeper to carry tents, food, kitchen equipment.
- Hot water for washing.
- Boiled water to refill your bottles.
- Expedition in Tourist Train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and private transportation to Cusco.
- Entrance to the Inca Trail.
- Entrance to the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu.
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu
- 3 bus tickets from Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu
- Dining room and kitchen tents with tables and chairs.
- Chef cooking equipment
- Huayna Picchu: $ 75 USD and Machu Pichu Mountain $ 75 USD: must be booked well in advance if you wish to add an additional hike. Please let us know at the time of booking.
- First breakfast and last lunch: we will make a stop in Ollantaytambo for the first breakfast and we will have the last lunch in Aguas Calientes after the tour of Machu Picchu.
- VISTADOME train: $ 57 USD per extra person. (Return only)
- The itinerary is subject to change depending on the time of booking, the camps are provided by the DRC-Cusco (institution that administers and regulates the Inca Trail to Machupicchu).
- Camps may vary depending on the weather and health status of travelers.
- The train Included in all excursions are with train connection with a bus to Cusco Train type Expedition, the train schedule is only confirmed day before the start of the trip, if you joined a group day before the start of the tour, we cannot guarantee that you travel on the same train as the rest of the group.
- Train schedules are subject to change depending on the Peru Rail schedule table and its availability.
What to Bring
- Original passport and / or International Student Card (ISIC).
- Sleeping bag (not included, but can be rented at our offices).
- Hiking shoes.
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho.
- Wool jacket for heating, hat / chullo and gloves.
- Polo shirts or shirts.
- Comfortable pants.
- Sun hat.
- Sunscreen cream (recommended factor 35).
- Reusable plastic bottle or metal water container or camel bags.
- Water (only for the first 4 hours of walking, then we will give the previously boiled Water).
- Insect repellent.
- Hygiene items
- Personal medications
- Photographic camera.
- Flashlight with spare batteries (headlights are useful).
- Walking stick (with rubber tip).
- Flip flops.
- Extra money.
- Swimsuit (for hot springs in Aguas Calientes) right by entrance at the door $ 4 dollars.