INCA TRAIL HIKE TO MACHU PICCHU FULL DAY
We do not always have adequate or extensive time to live the full experience, so a fleeting or momentary version of it will be our best option if necessary, which is why this version is smaller and more suitable in terms of comfort of the trip. We will have an incredible experience, although getting up early will give us the opportunity to get to know it in the best way.
Living this experience at any time of the year is ideal, but living the adventure with PERU TOP EXPERIENCE is something beyond perfection. A completely planned visit without leaving any detail in the air, which gives us the security of not worrying about anything at all.
WHAT TO EXPECT?
- Travel the Inca trails in its short version.
- Enjoy Peruvian gastronomy like never before.
- Explore the beautiful Inca citadel.
- Enjoy the beautiful panorama that we will have on our train tour.
- Find out more about the living history of this citadel above the clouds.
FULL DAY FAST INCA TRAIL EXPERIENCE
DAY 01: CUSCO – CHACHABAMBA (Km 104) – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
Our experience begins very early from the city of Cusco, our transport takes us to the Ollantaytambo sector where we have free time to have breakfast at the station and then take a tourist train to reach our destination, which is km 104. After A brief explanation begins our experience, first we will visit a historical Inca control place called Chachabamba (2170 masl / 7119 feet), then we proceed with the ascent to the archaeological center of Wiñaywayna (2650 masl / 8692 feet) which is also our resting point. and where we will enjoy our scheduled box lunch, after a while we will proceed to complete the ascent to the Intipunku or Puerta del Sol (2745 masl / 9005 feet), from here we already have a panoramic view of the beautiful citadel of Machu Picchu (2430 masl / 7972 feet).
Upon entering, we will first ascend to the upper part to be able to reach the key point of the trip from the beginning and this is the watchman’s house from where we can take the most important classic photo of the trip. After free time to enjoy the panorama, we continue our tour to visit other main places such as the main square, the sundial, the royal quarters, the Intihuatana, the temple of the 3 windows and the condor, among other important places. This visit as such lasts 2 hours in detail. At the end we return to Aguas Calientes in a tourist and we will have free time to eat something if we wish, 30 minutes before planned we will return to the train station and board one to arrive again at Ollantaytambo where the tourist bus awaits us to be able to finally return to the city of Cusco.
- Walking duration: 08 hrs / 12 km
- Difficulty: Hard
- Maximum altitude: 2745 masl / 9005 feet
- Minimum altitude: 2040 masl / 6692 feet
- Briefing / Informative talk prior to the trip
- Pick up from the hotel for the start of the experience
- Tourist transport: Cusco – Ollantaytambo (Bimodal service)
- Tourist train ticket: Ollantaytambo – Km 104 (*Expedition/Voyager)
- Professional licensed tour guide
- First aid kit and oxygen cylinder
- Food: 01 box lunch, 01 dinner (Day 01)
- Variety of diet according to your request (Vegetarian, food restriction)
- Entrance ticket to the Inca Trail
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- Consettur bus ticket: Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes (Day 01)
- Tourist train ticket: Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo (*Expedition/Voyager)
- Tourist transport: Ollantaytambo – Cusco (Bimodal service)
The train service is according to the availability we have for the date of your trip, we can also offer you an Upgrade to a better category, for this you only have to consider the additional information.
- Air flight (National or International)
- Pair of walking poles (You can include them for $15.00 dollars)
- Additional personal porter (You can load 7kg – $150.00 dollars)
- Accommodation service in Cusco
When confirming the service you must choose the travel date carefully since there is no option to change due to the modality of the entrance ticket, nor is it transferable to a third person or refundable under any circumstances.
The spaces of the Inca Trail are very limited, so it is extremely important to have an advance reservation of at least 4 to 6 months in advance, the preparation is meticulous and detailed.
- PAIR OF CANES: They will help during the walk for the support points ($15.00 dollars)
- SLEEPING BAG: Lighten the weight in our luggage from home ($25.00 dollars)
- ADDITIONAL PORTER: You can carry the personal luggage that we designate ($150.00 dollars – 7kg)
- VISTADOME SERVICE: In case we are looking for another more complete experience, this is the ideal option. The Vistadome service has a panoramic view on the section of the train journey that is a fact that we will enjoy 200%.
- One way or only return: $40.00 dollars per participant
- Round trip: $65.00 dollars per participant.
- LUNCH SERVICE: We can add this service as well and schedule it for after the guided tour in Machu Picchu. It has a price of $10.00 dollars per person (Tourist Menu).
Do I need to have previous experience or physical preparation?
Yes, to be able to carry out this experience it is important to have an adequate physical condition since the trip itself is very demanding, being prepared helps you enjoy the experience in a comfortable way, the geography of the Inca trail is somewhat unusual since it’s a complete mix of everything between staggered climbs, trails, inclines and steep descents. The best way to prepare for the trip is to establish some routines that can be daily or weekly in terms of walks that help strengthen our resistance in the legs.
How should I prepare my luggage for this experience?
The Inca Trail leads us directly to Machu Picchu by the traditional route used by the Incas, so the trail itself takes us into what we currently know as the jungle, for this reason the heat is something safe, light clothing is always the most recommended, to this we must add only 1 or 2 garments that are warm for the nights. Finally, personal items such as power banks, sunglasses, mosquito repellent, rain poncho and others are also important for the trip.
Can I do the Inca Trail on my own?
No, because the Inca trail has a particular condition and that is that it can only be done in the company of a formal company that has a special permit issued by Sernanp (Entity that regulates the natural part). With these conditions, choosing PERU TOP EXPERIENCE is the best option because we are direct operators for this service.
Is this experience suitable for everyone?
No, due to the demand that arriving at a certain point represents, the demand for this experience is greater. For this same reason, this is recommended only in case time is exceptionally short, that is to say that you only have one day as the only option. The recommended version will always be 2 days onwards.
What to Bring
- Tickets issued by the agency (entrance ticket, buses, trains and others).
- Identity document (ID or Passport).
- Day pack and personal equipment:
- Hat and sunglasses.
- Mosquito repellent.
- Light clothing during the day
- Warm clothes for the night.
- Water in canteen
- Cash for personal purchases.
- Photographic camera
- Rain poncho (Recommended for rainy season)